Friday, August 17, 2012

Chinese Food, Shimla

I have been in living in Shimla all my life. Yet one thing that always disappoints me is , non availability of good Chinese joints. To name a few there is Dim Sum, Aunty's and Chung Fa. The first i visited last weekend only to be disappointed again. For a place situated on the Mall, the place has very simple interiors. Thats not a problem. But the cutlery is so unappealing, the jugs dont seem to have been washed for days and picnic glasses and plates.. I'm willing to ignore this too for a good meal in return.. But theres more to come.. The portions are exceptionally small and prices shocking.. I ask for crab and ham rice, as expected crab not available. I am suggested to have mixed rice instead, which has miniature beings, supposedly called shrimps in them.. But i'm a fair person, the Teriyaki chicken was well cooked and so was the Manchow soup.. I had chosen to go here instead of Aunty's. cos the latter has a long waiting period, again very uncomfortable seating and sometimes good food.. I wish consistency was the top most goal for all restaurant owners.. Keep it simple and sweet.. Will be back with more food escapades soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment